As part of Tealight Books’ efforts to be a responsible business, we aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Below, we have detailed how we use your data and how we endeavour to keep your data safe.
- Nearly all our work is done digitally and, wherever possible, we are working towards being an entirely paper-free business (with the obvious exception of the printed books we produce). All of the digital files we work with are stored on a password-protected computer and/or biometrically protected smartphone.
- All work files (such as your manuscript or cover art, for example) are backed up regularly to an external hard drive. It’s useful for us to have these files stored on the hard drive for several years in case we, or our clients, need to refer back to them. If you would prefer for us to delete files when we have finished working on them, we will be happy to comply with your request.
- We will not share client work (such as manuscripts, for example) with any third party without written permission.
- Contact details supplied by a client via email will be kept in the email program we use (in our email inbox) for a number of years. These details may also be stored in a Contacts software application (we only use Contacts software made by Google LLC or Apple Inc).
- We use a reputable third-party company’s accounting software, and any contact details supplied to us will be stored on their servers for the purpose of generating invoices and carrying out other similar administrative tasks. We have checked that the company we use are GDPR compliant and have robust security systems in place.
- Any of your personal details that are stored in the accounting software we use can be exported easily if you would like to see a copy. This information can be viewed on request.
- If you request that your contact details to be removed from our accounting software, we can do this only so far as we are in compliance with HMRC, who require us to keep certain records for at least five or six years.
- We will not add your contact details to any mailing list without your prior expressed consent.
- We will always strive to limit the danger of a data breach by keeping the software and hardware that we use up to date. Wherever possible, we use password and biometric protection to access any files (on any device) containing client data.
If you have any questions relating to our use of your data and/or the GDPR, feel free to email us.